Greetings from the Frozen Tundra!
My name is Rachel Wussow, the new Region V communication coordinator. I have a strong ACUI affiliation from my undergraduate experience at the University of Wisconsin–Stevens Point, where I worked as a student staff member in the Student Involvement & Employment Office in the University Center.
In partnership with Web and Social Media Coordinator David Lemon, we plan to communicate regularly through the website and social media channels, rather than the quarterly newsletter. Our posts will include many of the same fun messages and visuals you were used to in the newsletter, as well as posts from members of the Region Leadership Team and Conference Planning Team and highlights from our regional institutional members and facilities.
On a personal note, I would like to give a high five to Seth Dohrn, David Israels-Swenson, David Lemon, and Kristin Erdman for their guidance in my personal transition from Conference Planning Team to Regional Leadership Team.
I will also strive for the following five goals in my daily work and ACUI position:
- To have five-minute conversations with every Region V colleague I meet and encourage their participation in ACUI.
- To challenge all Region V Conference attendees in Chicago to each donate $5 to fundraising.
- To try five local eateries in Anaheim at the Annual Conference and in Chicago at the Regional Conference.
- To drive the new communication plan into an award-winning communication strategy.
- To survive each work day to get out of the office by 5 p.m.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out with your ideas and anything you would like to see featured in our regional communications.
Rachel Wussow, firstname.lastname@example.org